Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The foods we crave and the sex we like...

I think I'm getting "let down easy." After last night, the married guy is having second thoughts, cold feet... I want to chase him, convince him to give me another chance, and all of that but I know that I can't. He has to work this out for himself, and maybe he truly wasn't attracted to me in person? Only time will tell.

I've been talking to "my guys" a lot lately about sex and using food analogies. It all got me to thinking about how best to explain the need for novelty and variety and try new things without sounding like a complete slut, commitment phobe or player.

So, I thought about how everyone has their favorite comfort food. For me it's meat and potatoes or pasta. I like a lot of different foods and sometimes crave Asian stir fry or Cajun spice, but I don't eat them every day. I think that at times you are in a "phase" where you experiment with new foods. Either you go out and explore new restaurants or you stay home and try a new recipe.

Sex is very much the same way. Not everyone has the need or means to eat out every day. Many people cook at home to save money and to maintain that sense of family and home. Many cooks (and sex partners) get bored with the same old, same old recipes and long to change things up and try something new.

I really enjoy cooking, but rarely have someone to cook for and the leftovers get old quick! So, as a single girl, I eat out a lot, but I usually eat at the same handful of restaurants over and over. Once in awhile I'll try something new, but when I'm hungry, I usually think of the favorites first.

My approach to sex is exactly the same! The novelty and newness of the past few weeks has been fun! But, at the end of the day, I just long for the ability to cook my favorite comfort foods at home and have someone to share them with. All the exotic foods are tasty, but steak and potatoes are always satisfying.

1 comment:

Kel said...

Like you said, better now than later. At least you had some time with those great butterfly, exciting feelings. There is a better man out there. Happy searching...enjoy all the entree's along the way! :)