Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hmmmm


I had an interview today for a PT position in my chosen field. It was a rather informal meeting in that I already know the people I would work for, it's just discussing what they are looking for and whether or not that interests me.


It sounds really awesome! I'm a huge fan of their business and know a couple of their employees already, but the issue is money. Always something, right? I had a figure in mind of what I feel I'm worth on the market and they have a figure of what they can pay this position and the two are not really close.


So... it's hard. I really want to do this. I really need to get a 2nd job, but if I'm still in the hole each month (although less than I am currently, then am I really gaining anything?). And, the fringe benefits that are involved like real world experience in my field and the potential for college credit- how much is that worth? How do you quantify the value of these additional things?


The consesus among my friends has been - duh! Go for it. I'm leaning toward that because there are no guarantees that I will be able to find something that pays better.

~~~~~~

This afternoon I had a dream and in my dream, my grandparents appeared. It's been a long time since I've had a visitor from beyond, but the main theme was the same. My grandparents were in the car- on their way somewhere and stopped by to say "Hello." I was surprised to see them, as they were me. My grandma just looked at me and said "I know that you are confused right now, but hang in there, it will all make sense very soon."


Then I woke up with tears in my eyes. I think that she said something else, but that's all I remember. It's been over 10 years since she last came to me in a dream to give me a message. Last time I was really down and dreamed I had committed suicide. She came to me and told me that everything was going to be okay.


Has this ever happened to you? Isn't it bizarre? Do you really take heart that the message is really important somehow, just because of the method in which it was received? It really impacted me then and again today.


Then, to really freak me out further, I was skimming the blog "divine Caroline" and stumbled upon a post by someone talking about how her grandfather keeps haunting her dreams! Coincidence? Somehow, I don't think so. But, I was too freaked out to read further than the headline!


Well, all I can say is that I hope that this all makes sense very soon!




No comments: