Saturday, July 19, 2008

Inspiration found in the most unlikely places...


I was on Facebook earlier checking out messages from friends when I stumbled upon a sticker that was really profound!

It said "Don't make someone a priority when they make you an option." WOW! I need to like cross-stitch that onto a pillow! Lol. I found the above cartoon just for laughs- really, haven't we all dated that guy? (or that girl, for that matter)

Anyway, it really made me think of all the times, past and present when I've made a guy a priority while he only saw me as an option. I meet a guy, I really really like him and jump through hoops to get him to like me too. I ignore all the guys who probably care, really like me and wish I would go out with them, all for some moron who is more in love with his own reflection or with the "ideal girl" he pictures in his dreams than with me!

Last night I spent some time with a guy I met a few months ago. At one point I thought he was a great guy who possessed a lot of the qualities I think I'm looking for. In the past few weeks though, I've realized how "off" my initial impression of him was! As if that wasn't enough, we fight like cats and dogs and yet, we still keep talking to each other. I haven't missed the drama and all the baggage he brings to the table, but last night I didn't care. I just wanted to feel, not think and touch, not talk. I know better now than to expect anything more from him but it was nice to know that he could be there when I needed him, at least once in awhile.

Earlier last night I was talking to a friend's mom. She was teasing me and said that my "picker outer is broken." This woman is truly prophetic, because she doesn't know me well, but really nailed it on the head with that comment!

~~~
Also today I stumbled upon an interesting post on mentalfloss that discusses the possible like between birth control use in women and the bad choices in men, specifically regarding infertility and even possibly divorce rates. It all has to do with pheromones and sense of smell. Very interesting idea and worth checking out.

The one thing that they don't address though is whether a good mate based on biology is also a good mate based on psychology? Can sense of smell lead you to the guy who is the best match for your personality quirks and future life goals? Have we all been screwing it up by wearing perfume/cologne/scented lotions, etc. and gasp! taking birth control and altering how biology is supposed to work? I didn't check, but somehow I suspect that a "pro-life" group was behind the study... lol

No comments: