Monday, June 30, 2008

He brought beer- whatta guy!

Okay, so I FINALLY met the married guy today. He made it back to Doodah in time to take me to lunch. Again, only the married ones think enough of me to take me to lunch. I can count on one hand the number of lunch dates I have had: 1!

So, I was really, really nervous! But, he's really handsome! He looks his age, but he's nice. A good height for me, nice eyes and a sweet smile.

Last night after his flight was canceled, my former FWB IM'd me and asked me to come over. Since I was still unsure how things were going to go with the married guy, I decided to go ahead. Plus all the flirty emails has left me rather randy w/out an appropriate outlet! Hooking up with him again was a lot of fun! Wow... it's amazing what a little competition will do for a guy!

So, after lunch, He decided that he would stop by my place after work. He brought beer- lots of beer and we just hung out. It was kind of awkward inviting him into my personal space. I haven't had a guy over in like ever... But it was nice to hang out and snuggle and get to know each other better. I'll spare you any other details, but suffice it to say that I anticipate that we will continue to see each other. Besides, He brought so much beer I'll feel bad if he doesn't come back to drink more.

We are trying to take things slow and really evaluate what we are doing. He is just as unsure of this as I am. Late this afternoon he sent me an email freaking out about my frank discussions of other lovers, etc. I think he is worried that I won't be satisfied with just Him in my life. But, he doesn't get that until I can have him 100% then I shouldn't be required to give him 100% either. It's only fair. I'll just keep my extracurricular activities to myself from now on.

Yes, I am more experienced than he is in a lot of ways, but I think that it's a good thing. Unlike him, I've gotten all of this out of my system so that when I do meet the guy I want to settle down with, I'll be content with him for the rest of my life fulling knowing that I've been there and done all that I cared to do while single. He is just conservative and has a more traditional view of sex and sexuality. After we discussed things a bit, we came to an understanding. He and I want very similar things, it's just that we've taken two completely different paths to get there.

Before he left, it was nice to just snuggle and talk. We fit together really well. It was hard to let him go though! I really wanted him to stay, to fall asleep laying as we were and wake up like that later too. But, another day.

Well, the intense focus of this relationship has left my other "friends" feeling neglected. My phone friend is all jealous (but I made up for it the other night) and then my former FWB too. Had they shown more interest in me 2 weeks ago, I wouldn't be in this mess now!

Today I was approached by one of our board members regarding working at her firm. I really hope that we can work something out! I got paid today and the check was gone long before I got the actual cash. And it didn't even fully cover the bills I need to pay! Now what?

No comments: