Thursday, July 3, 2008

Feeling Patriotic


Okay, I'm not going to bust out the karaoke machine and start singing "Proud to be an American" but really, I am. Like Obama, I don't wear a flag pin every day, but the feeling is there nonetheless. In my past career I had the opportunity to interact with a lot of recent immigrants to this country. Once you get to know these people who have sacrificed so much to come to this country for the promise of a better life for them and their family and then who continue to work hard and sacrifice even more to help support family members who are still in the home country, well... you start to see America with fresh eyes.


I think that's enough sap for today, so while you all fight back indigestion I'm going to share the coolest website I've found in awhile. It's some what related to the theme in that, if we truly love our country, we must do everything we can to protect our natural resources and learn to be less dependent on the resources of other countries (like oil). Please forgive me while I still try to figure out how to create a hyperlink on this site... I should've paid more attention in class while we were learning all this stuff!


I hope you all have a safe and wonderful holiday! I'm not sure what my plans are at this point. Probably just enjoy the extra day off work and do whatever strikes my mood at the time!


No comments: