Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy Hump Day



Is it really Wednesday? Wow. What the hell happened to Tuesday? And Friday is a holiday, so technically it's kind of Thursday! Yeah!!

I've been a networking fool today, visiting with Merchants and emailing prospective employers to maintain the relationships I've developed with them so hopefully they will hire me next year. I spent so much time doing that today that now tonight I get to stuff envelopes for a mailer that really should have been postmarked today, but will go out tomorrow instead. Uggh. Oh well, I'd rather watch tv and do it than sit in my office. Just when I forget that I'm a glorified secretary, a task like this comes along that helps snap me back to reality and remind me of why I'm going to school.

Well, I initially started this blog as a method of sharing information with my network of family and friends in an easier format than sending emails from 6 different addresses and maintaining pages on 2 different social networking sites. But, I got preoccupied with my love life and forgot.

So, today I'm going to try to balance the two a bit better. First off, the picture at the top of this post is of what is called a Newspaper Blackout Poem. I found this artist profiled on another site and loved this idea! So simple, beautiful, thought provoking and well... judge for yourself! http://www.austinkleon.com/category/newspaper-blackout-poems/ My favorite is the one that is at the bottom of the main page about the girl holding books. The couple on the tandem bike is also quite beautiful. Really, how does he come up with these things? Wow...

No comments: