Wednesday, July 30, 2008

In Search of some Inspiration? Check out this guy!


I haven't had a chance to post about this topic yet. Last week when I read that Randy Pausch had died, I was really upset. I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach and I fought back tears. The odd thing is, I'd never met him- only read about him in the Wall Street Journal after he gave his speech at Carnegie Mellon and then saw updates about him on television.


His speech just really moved me. It inspired me to think about how I want to live my life and the legacy I want to pass on to those I leave behind. His spirit was totally infectious and I couldn't help wondering if I will ever find someone to love me like he adored his wife, Jai.


Just thinking about the family he left behind makes me really sad, but thanks to the internet they will someday be able to google their dad and see his speeches and read all the wonderful articles written about him in the past few months.
If you have missed out on the story of this guy, just google Randy Pausch (sorry, I'm too tired to try and find the link).


~~~

Speaking of the internet, I've been reconnecting with a lot of high school friends via Facebook. It's awesome being able to see pictures of their kids and reading about their lives. Anyway, tonight I discovered that a friend will be in town tomorrow to visit her family so I think we will try to do lunch. I haven't seen her in about 5 years! Thank God for Facebook or this wouldn't have been possible!!

No comments: