Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My First Post!

I've been itching to do this awhile. Find a forum for all the random thoughts that swirl in my head and share the cool things I see and read with all my friends and family, so here I am! Now that I'm FINALLY writing, I'm struggling to think of what to say! Shocking I know.

Okay, today I was discussing why married guys can see the beauty, brilliance and overall awesomeness of my personality, when their single counterparts could really care less. Why is it? What is it about me that only appeals to well, the unavailable? It's really unfortunate too. I don't want to waste all my cool stories, jokes and efforts on someone who can't be fully in a relationship with me. As Wendy pointed out the other day, "I deserve better!" She's right! I've paid my dues, kissed the frogs, oh boy have I kissed some frogs! But where's my Prince? I'm ready damnit! Okay, I still have some work to do, but don't we all? I don't plan to be really "finished" until the day I expire. And then, well I guess I'll have to be done right? Lol.

This all came about because I met a really cool guy online. We've exchanged a few emails and have now progressed to text and instant messaging. Oh, and we exchanged pics the other night as well. At first he said that he was "separated", which in my book still means "married" but I decided to stick around because I liked his emails. Well, I'm really starting to like him! He's cute, hysterically funny, smart, successful.... I could go on, but, as you can see- I'm in trouble! I can't go there- refuse to go there, but... Why? Why does he have to be married? He really likes me too but I'm under no illusion that he will leave his wife for me. He's made it perfectly clear where he stands, so I know better than to hope for this. I agreed to meet him for lunch next week and I'm now really conflicted about it. Part of me hopes that I won't be attracted to him because it will be a lot easier to walk away, and part of me hopes that he's as great in person, because I will be really disappointed if he's not.

No comments: