Wednesday, September 24, 2008

So this is what it's supposed to be like!


I've been spending more time with "M", the guy I met the other night and unexpectedly liked. Things just keep getting better and better (if you can judge that sort of thing in 3 days). =)


The refrain of an old Lionel Ritchie song keeps playing in my head "easy like Sunday morning." That's how this has gone for the most part. Yeah, we are both still freaked out at how all this has come about and how well we've clicked, we're still really digging it though and enjoying hanging out and getting to know each other better.


Last night we spent a couple of hours playing around on the computer. We were having fun, cracking up and it was just cool. I enjoy hanging out on his porch with him waiting for his dog to finish "his business" in the yard. I know, I'm totally screwed! It's fun waiting on the dog to take a shit! Really.


So, tonight he confirmed my suspicions that this isn't an unrequited feeling and he asked me out on a date. Yay! I'm excited to get to know him more and spend time with him in the outside world.


I was talking to my sister about it a bit today and she of course tried to burst my bubble. I just think she's wrong (as usual) and so I ignored her. It hurts that she can't ever be happy for me, even if she disapproves of how I live my life.


I think a lot of it is jealousy since I'm much more able to just "be me" without much fear over how others perceive me.


Okay, my finance homework won't finish itself, so I better put this one to bed.

No comments: